17 April 2013

carrot cake bites.



I definitely have a sweet tooth. I try to keep it under control, & have to say I have done well over the years avoiding bakery sections of the market. If I need dessert, I usually make it myself, which seems like a good start.

Anyway, I love recipes like this, or the peanut butter bites or chocolate & coconut bites, because they are simple, healthy, & satisfy my need for something sweet in a bite or two.


carrot cake bites. 
makes 25-30 bites

1 cup organic rolled oats (GF)
1/2 cup carrots, grated
1/2 raw almonds
1/3 nut butter (your choice)
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup organic raisins or currants
2 TBL coconut oil, melted
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
--a pinch of sea salt if your nut butter isn't salted--

  1. Add all the ingredients into a food processor. Blitz until all the bits are about the same size. Roll into small balls. Store in the refrigerator. 
happy eatings & cheers!

No comments: